International Conference on
Robust Rank-Based and Nonparametric Methods
Western Michigan University
April 9 and 10, 2015
This is an initial announcement of a conference on rank-based nonparametric methods.
The program of the conference is currently being developed
and this web page will be changing.
The five keynote speakers listed below have agreed to to give presentations.
We are currently planning invited sessions and poster (contributed) sessions.
There will be a conference banquet. As the program develops this web page will be updated.
The conference is also a celebration of Joe McKean's 70th birthday.
- The American Statistical Association.
- Nonparametric Section of the American Statistical Association.
- Department of Statistics, Western Michigan University
- The College of Arts & Sciences, Western Michigan University
- Zoetis Corporation, Kalamazoo, MI
- Innovative Analytics, Kalamazoo, MI
- Stryker Corporation, Kalamazoo, MI
- Kelloggs Company, Battle Creek, MI
Thomas Hettmansperger, Joseph W. McKean, Magdalena Niewiadomska-Bugaj, Rajib
Paul, and Thomas Vidmar.
Tom Vidmar (Chair),
In Charge of Local Arrangements:
Department of Statistics
Tentatively the program consists of:
- Addresses on Robust Nonparametric Methods featuring the five Keynote Speakers listed below.
- Three invited sessions featuring the invited speakers on Robust Nonparametric Methods.
- An invited session on Biostatistics.
- An invited session on Big Data.
- Contributed-poster sessions are also being planned.
- A conference banquet is planned for Thursday evening.
Students are encouraged to give a contributed-poster session talk
- Thomas P. Hettmansperger, Penn State University Abstract.
- Regina Liu, Rutgers University Abstract.
- Hannu Oja, University of Turku Abstract.
- Simon J. Sheather, Texas A&M University Abstract.
- Douglas Wolfe, Ohio State University Abstract.
Invited Speakers include
- Ash Abebe, University of Auburn Abstract .
- Moulinath Banerjee, University of Michigan Abstract
- Arne Bathke, University of Salzburg. Abstract.
- Kim Crimin, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Abstract.
- Casey Jelsma, NIH Abstract.
- Kjell Johnson, Arbor Analytics Abstract.
- John Kapenga, Western Michigan University
- John Kloke, University of Wisconsin Abstract.
- Sunil Mathur, Medical College of Georga Abstract.
- Rajib Paul, Western Michigan University Abstract.
- Omer Ozturk, Ohio State University Abstract .
- Mushfiqur Rashid, FDA Abstract .
- Jeffrey Terpstra, Western Michigan University Abstract .
- Yusuf Bilgic SUNY Geneseo, Abstract.
- James Dzikunu Western Michigan University, Abstract.
- Yi Fan, Rutgers University, Abstract.
- Yuki Nakagami Western Michigan University, Abstract.
- Naveen N. Narisetty, University of Michigan, Abstract.
- Juming Pan and Junfeng Shang, Bowling Green State University, Abstract.,
- Hasthika S. Rupasinghe and Lasanthi Pelawa Watagoda, Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Abstract .
- Yuanyuan Shao, Western Michigan University, Abstract .
- Lucia Tabacu, Penn State University. Abstract .
There will be two poster sessions for contributed talks.
These are open to those that have graduated and to graduate students.
Please send title and abstract to Joe McKean, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students are encouraged to give a contributed-poster session talk and
the conference organzers have set up a limited amount of scholarships to help
defray students' exspenses.