1. Open up Microsoft Excel.
2. On the Menu bar, click on `File' and choose `Open'.
3. Select the appropriate folder (or directory) from the `Look in' drop-down list.
4. On the `Files of type' drop-down list, select `All Text Files'.
5. Select the file to be opened from the files list box. If a file doesn't appear, verify that you are in the right folder or directory.
6. Click `OK'. A text import wizard will appear on your window. Choose `delimited' and click `next'.
7. Click on the appropriate delimiter that you have on your file. If it's tab then click on `tab'. Click `next'.
8. Choose `column data format' and check on the appropriate data format. For 216, the data format is usually general.
9. Click `finish'.