Up: Using Excel
Previous: How to get summary
1. Open the Microsoft Excel data file.
If your data is still in a text file, refer to the instructions
on how to convert text files to Excel files.
2. On the menu bar, click on `Tools' and select `Data Analysis'. Choose
`Histogram' and click `OK'. A new window will appear.
3. On `Input Range', enter the appropriate cell ranges by highlighting
the cells containing the data. If theres a bin range specified, enter
the appropriate bin range otherwise leave it blank.
If the first row contains variable names,
click on `labels in 1st row'.
4. On the output options, click on `chart output'. Click `OK'.
5. To remove the gaps, left click on a histogram bar, then right click.
Choose `Data Series' then `Options'. Select the gap width to 0. Click `OK'.