Stat664 Class Notes Spring 2016
This page is under construction and is subject to changes. Click on
the links for available classnotes. Please visit often for new
R codes used to generate graphics for Class Notes A to D are archived in
- Design of Experiments
- Controlled Experiments Versus Observational Studies
- Principles of Planning Experiments
- Review: Theory Review and Preparation
Also see Moment Generating Functions.
- Univariate/Multivariate Normal Distributions
- Central/Noncentral Chi-square Distributions
- Central/Noncentral F Distributions
- Some Important Results from Sampling Normal Distributions
- Review: One-way ANOVA Models C1.pdf (§ 1 to § 3),
C2.pdf (§ 4 to § 6),
C3.pdf (§ 7 to § 8),
C4.pdf (§ 9 to § 10),
C5.pdf (§ 11 to § 12.5.10)
- Completely Randomized Experiments
- Models and Assumptions
- Diagnosis of Model Assumptions
- ANOVA Table
- Randomization and Hypothesis Tests
- Sample Size Determination for One-factor Design
- Inferences for Linear Combinations of Means
- Follow-up Study
- Robustness of ANOVA Analysis
- Welch t Statistic
- Simultaneous Inferences,
Dunnett's upper fractiles (
- Two-way ANOVA Models D1.pdf (§ 1 to
D2.pdf (§ 3),
D3.pdf (§ 4)
- Completely Cross Designs Versus Nested Designs
- Balanced Two-Way Fixed-Effects ANOVA Model
- Unreplicated Two-Way Fixed-Effect ANOVA Models
- The Need for Transformation and How to Do It
- Multi-way ANOVA Models (E.pdf)
- Variance Component Models (F.pdf).
Also see a special discussion
About Expected Mean Squares (ems.pdf)
for unrestricted/restricted models.
- Nested Designs (G.pdf)
- Designs and Analysis of Experiments with One Or More Blocking Factors
H.pdf (§ 1)
H2.pdf (§ 2 to § 4) (updated)
- Latin Square Designs
- Graeco-Latin and Hyper-Latin Square Designs
- Balanced Incomplete Block Designs
- Youden Designs
- Two-Level Factorial Experiments.
R Codes & Data Sets for 2-Level Designs.
- Response Surface Methodology,
R Codes for Response Surface Designs.
- Experiments with Mixtures,
R Codes for Experiments with Mixtures.