Stat680 Classnotes Fall 2015
Classnotes are presented in slides which are stored in xxxxx.pdf, for example,
note01.pdf below. You are encouraged to download slides for viewing
classnotes with transitional effect. However, DO NOT print these files.
Instead, download/print its handout version stored in xxxxxhandout.pdf,
for example, note01handout.pdf below.
Tips for viewing slides:
- Type Ctrl-l (hold down Control-key and hit ell-key) for full
screen mode. Hit (Escape key) for regular mode.
- Use arrow keys (down-arrow or right-arrow to advance to next
screen, up-arrow or left-arrow to move back one screen) or
Page-Down/Page-Up key to go one screen at a time.
A slide may be consisted of multiple screens.
- Use presentation outline page to move around sections.
- Click on section names on the top of each screen to move around
- Subsections are marked with rows of dots (one row for each subsection,
columns for slides within subsection) under each section name (on the
top of each screen). Click on a dot to go to a particular slide.
- Some navigational icons are shown on the bottom of each screen.
Experiment with them for better control. For examples, the two left
most icons are used to navigate screens and slides, respectively.
- Basic Concepts #1 (presentation:
SAS language, SAS log, SAS data sets, SAS output,
system options, SAS comments, producing report
- Basic Concepts #2 (note02.pdf and
Reading raw data, referencing an external file,
INPUT statement, data step processing
- Basic Concepts #3 (note03.pdf and
SAS date/time/datetime values, and more on creating/managing
- Basic Concepts #4 (note04.pdf and
Reading single SAS data set, SAS functions and call routines.
- Basic Concepts #5 (note05.pdf and
Customizing I/O Using Proc Format.
- Basic Concepts #6 (note06.pdf and
Introduction to report writing: use of by-line, PROC Report,
PROC Means, PROC Freq.
- Basic Concepts #7 (note07.pdf and
Do Loops and Arrays
- Basic Concepts #8 (note08.pdf and
More on data step: INPUT line control pointers, INFILE statement
options, SET statement options.
- Basic Concepts #9 (note09.pdf and
Combining data sets by using data step: cancatenating, interleaving,
one-to-one reading, merging, and updating.
- Basic Concepts #10 (note10.pdf and
Output Delivery System, an Introduction.
- SAS Macros #1 (note11.pdf and
SAS Macros: An Introduction.
- SAS Macros #2 (note12.pdf and
SAS Macros: Round 2.
- SAS Macros #3 (note13.pdf and
SAS Macros: Round 3.
- SAS Macros #4 (note14.pdf and
SAS Macros: Round 4.
- SAS Macros #5 (note15.pdf and
SAS Macros: Round 5.
- SAS and DDE (note16.pdf and
Dynamic Data Exchange in SAS (with Excel).
- SAS SQL #1 (note17.pdf and
SAS Structured Query Language #1.
- SAS SQL #2 (note18.pdf and
SAS Structured Query Language #2.